Metroplex West (Region 3b)
About Metroplex West
The Metroplex West area, previously known as Region 3b, is comprised of Palo Pinto, Parker, Tarrant, Erath, Hood, Somervell, and Johnson counties near Fort Worth.
The Single Source Continuum Contractor (SSCC) for this area is Our Community Our Kids (OCOK). Visit the Our Community Our Kids (OCOK) website to learn about them.
Joint Operations Manual
Note: Some links in these documents will only work for DFPS and OCOK staff with access to the DFPS intranet.
- August 1, 2011: Request for proposals (RFP) released
- November 8, 2013: Contract awarded* for foster care redesign to Our Community Our Kids (OCOK)
- September 1, 2014: Start-up for foster care redesign
- March 21, 2017: Contract renewal for foster care redesign
- September 1, 2019: Stage II start-up
- March 1, 2020: Stage II go-live
- March 22, 2023: Community area re-procurement, request for application released for adding three additional counties in Metroplex West (current activity)
- September 1, 2023: Projected contract award for all Metroplex West counties
- September 1, 2023: Stage III go-live (3b current counties)
*Steps to view the executed contract for Our Community Our Kids (# 24118890):
- Go to the Legislative Budget Board (LBB) contract database website and click on “Contract Database Search”.
- In the Contract ID field, enter the contract number.
- In the Agency dropdown, select “530 - Family & Protective Services”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the “Submit Search” button.
- When the results appear, click on the “Display Expanded Data Set” button.
- Next, click on the "+" icon to view contract information.
- To view a document in the Attachments section, click on the magnifying glass icon to the left of the document you wish to review.
Note: The contract file name typically appears with the contract number followed by the word “Contract”. For this contract, the file “24118890_Contract_Amendments” contains the executed contract document.
Stay informed by visiting the Our Community Our Kids website.
- Community-Based Care administrator: Carressa Cherry (817) 307-0512
- Contract Administration manager: Crista Wilson (682) 429-1912
- Case Management Oversight manager:
- Terica Brager (817) 727-2156
- Jessica Puryear (817) 614-6187
Contact Our Community Our Kids
7700 AWG Way (Main Office)
Fort Worth, TX 76140
|Title||Name / Email|
|Chief Operating Officer||Kris Naylor|
|Senior Director of Permanency||Jalah Lawrence|
|Director of Permanency||Julie O'Brien|
|Director of Permanency||Emily Harris|
|Director of Permanency||Krystal Garcia|
|Director of Permanency||Jennifer Roby|
|Director of Permanency||Susanne Hinkle|
|Director of Permanency||Lauren Robinson|
|Senior Director of Care Management and Placement Services||Marie Clark|
|Director of Intake||Shay Ristau|
|Director of Therapeutic Services||Diane Rudisaile|
|Director of Community Relations||Courtney Leaverton|
|Consumer Affairs Specialist||Lindsey Stewart|
Click here to view all CBC forms
|1506||Region 3b Adoption Checklist|
|1507||Region 3b Removal Staffing Checklist|
|1512||Region 3b Placement Documentation|