Piney Woods (Region 4)
About Piney Woods
The Piney Woods community, previously known as Region 4, is comprised of 23 counties.
The Single Source Continuum Contractor (SSCC) for this area is 4Kids4Families. Visit the 4Kids4Families website to learn about them.
Joint Operations Manual
The Stage I joint operation manual is projected to be completed by October 2023.
- April 18, 2022: Request for application released
- February 23, 2023: Contract awarded* to 4Kids4Families
- March 1, 2023: Stage I start-up (current activity)
- November 1, 2023: Stage I go-live
- November 1, 2023: Stage II start-up
- May 1, 2024: Stage II go-live
- March 1, 2028: Contract renewal
- March 1, 2033: Community area re-procurement
*Steps to view the executed contract for 4Kids4Familes (# HHS001183200001):
- Go to the Legislative Budget Board (LBB) contract database website and click on “Contract Database Search”.
- In the Contract ID field, enter the contract number.
- In the Agency dropdown, select “530 - Family & Protective Services”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the “Submit Search” button.
- When the results appear, click on the “Display Expanded Data Set” button.
- Next, click on the "+" icon to view contract information.
- To view a document in the Attachments section, click on the magnifying glass icon to the left of the document you wish to review.
Note: The contract file name typically appears with the contract number followed by the word “Contract”.
Stay informed by visiting the 4kids4families website.
- Community-Based Care administrator: Michael Roberts (936) 553-7262
- DFPS Contract Administration manager: Rachel Rushing (512) 695-4888
|Title||Name / Email|
|Senior Vice President of Community-Based Care||Jon Mark McMullen|