About South Central and Hill Country
The South Central and Hill Country area, previously known as Region 8b, is comprised of 27 counties in and around San Antonio, excluding Bexar county.
The Single Source Continuum Contractor (SSCC) for this area is Belong. Visit the Belong website to learn about them.
Joint Operations Manual
- September 2020: DFPS announces the Region 8b would be the next catchment area for Community Based Care
- September 1, 2020: DFPS releases Request for Application (RFA) for Community Based Care in Region 8b
- April 1, 2021: DFPS awards a Community Based Care Contract in Region 8b to Belong, a division of St. Jude’s Ranch for Children-Texas Region, Inc. dba SJRC Texas. You may view the executed contract on the Legislative Budget Board (LBB) contract database website by searching for contract number HHS000901800001:
Steps to view contract number HHS000901800001
- Go to the Legislative Budget Board (LBB) contract database website and click on “Contract Database Search”.
- In the Contract ID field, enter the contract number.
- In the Agency dropdown, select “530 - Family & Protective Services”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the “Submit Search” button.
- When the results appear, click on the “Display Expanded Data Set” button.
- Next, click on the "+" icon to view contract information.
- To view a document in the Attachments section, click on the magnifying glass icon to the left of the document you wish to review.
Note: The contract file name typically appears with the contract number followed by the word “Contract”. For this contract, the file “HHS000901800001_contract” contains the executed contract document.
- October 27, 2021: Stage I
- April 1, 2022: Start-up Stage II
- October 1, 2022: Stage II
Stay informed by visiting the Belong news page.
DFPS and the Office of Community-Based Care Transition (OCBCT) are pleased to announce that they have taken the next step toward expanding Community-Based Care (CBC) by transitioning to CBC Stage II in the south central and hill country areas of Texas (Region 8b). This service area includes 27 Texas counties surrounding Bexar County.
In Stage II, Belong will provide case management, kinship, and reunification services in their community. Stage II expands the continuum of services to include services for families and to increase permanency outcomes for children. Belong is the first SSCC in Texas to move from Stage I to Stage II on the accelerated timeline of 12 months. This expedited transition was actualized through the collaboration and commitment of Belong, DFPS, and OCBCT.
- Community-Based Care administrator: Stacy Russell (830) 423-2164
- DFPS Contract Administration manager: Elizabeth Castillo (210) 478-0559
|Title||Name / Email|
|Chief Operating Officer||Rachel Richter|
|Chief Administrative Officer||Carlye Dupart|
|Director of Quality Assurance and Contracts||Yvette Moran|
|Senior Vice President of Operations||Adrian Quintanilla|
|Vice President of Operations||Shannon Walker|
|Vice President of Placement & Support Services||Robyn Muennink|
|Director of Accounting||Ashley Fox|
|Senior Regional Director, North||Kane Jaggers|
|Regional Director, West||Kelly Dalton|
|Regional Director, East||Nicole Nguyen|
|Regional Director, South||Wendy Knox|
|1514||Region 8b Removal Checklist|
|1515||Region 8b Adoption Checklist|