Contact the Texas Youth Helpline any time, day or night, to discuss your problem. It's free, and we're here to help!
Please reach out to us anytime. We can listen, help answer questions about the law and running away, help you brainstorm a safe plan of action, and find helpful low or no cost community services.
The Helpline is confidential.
Whether you contact us by phone, text, or chat, you are not required to share your name or address. We are not a reporting hotline, and we are not associated with law enforcement or Child Protective Services. Our number is toll-free, so it shouldn't show up on your home phone bill. However, if your cell phone plan includes usage details on your bill, our number may appear there if you call or text us. Also, our number may appear on your bill if you have a phone over the Internet.
free message service for runaway youth and their families
We offer a free message service so runaways can communicate with their parents or guardians if they don't want to talk with them directly. All calls are strictly confidential.
free ride home for runaways
Helpline staff and volunteers can put youth in contact with "Operation Home Free," a free transportation service to get youth back home to their parent or guardian if they've run away.
Thinking about running away from home? The Texas Youth Helpline can help you understand the legal issues and laws about running away, moving out before age 18, or emancipation from a parent.
Sometimes running away seems like the best option to get away from your problems. The Texas Youth Helpline is here to help you figure out the best plan of action for your unique situation.
Where can I find other Information?
- Texas Abuse Hotline - Report abuse, file a report online, or call them 24/7 at 1-800-252-5400. You can remain anonymous, and information about a person who reports abuse is confidential.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - Find out about suicide prevention.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline - Reach out if you have experienced or suspect sexual assault.
- National Human Trafficking Hotline - Get help or report human trafficking. You can also call 888-373-7888, text HELP to BEFREE (233733), or email, or chat online.
- Adoption Services - Learn about adoption services from Texas Health and Human Services if you are pregnant and considering offering your baby for adoption.
- Mental Health Texas - Get information, resources, and direction if you have mental health-related needs or want to support someone who does.