Contact the Texas Youth Helpline any time, day or night, to discuss your problem. It's free, and we're here to help!
Volunteer for the Texas Youth Helpline
Thanks for getting involved. We are looking for two types of volunteers:
- Helpline volunteers to help answer calls, texts, and chats at the office.
- Outreach volunteers to assist with public awareness projects in the community.
Volunteers should live in the Austin area and be passionate about helping at-risk youth and their families in crisis, including runaway and homeless youth.
If you are interested, email Texas Youth Helpline to learn more, reach out to a community engagement coordinator, or sign up online to volunteer.
About Helpline Volunteers
Helpline staff and volunteers work within our office around the clock to answer phone calls, texts, and chats from youth and concerned family members.
Our helpline volunteers receive:
- Specialized, flexible training.
- Valuable experience for those who are considering a career in human services.
- Flexible hours to fit their schedules.
- Respect and recognition - volunteers are our most valuable resource.
About Outreach Volunteers
Outreach staff and volunteers work within the community to spread awareness about the helpline and the services we offer.
Our outreach staff help by:
- Setting up exhibit booths at community fairs, schools, or businesses.
- Distributing over 300,000 pieces of public awareness materials to schools, social service agencies, and other youth-related organizations statewide.
Help spread the word with our campaign materials
Order free printed Texas Youth Helpline campaign materials online, or download them below to print yourself. These campaign materials have English on one side and Spanish on the other side.
Share A PSA from our YouTube channel
Local media can contact a Media Specialist in their area for more PSA information.