Community-Based Care. A new way of providing foster care.
Volunteer. It only takes a small amount of time to help kids, families, and older Texans.
Who are you? Parent? Foster child? Service provider? We can help.
Who is DFPS? We protect the unprotected.
Rainbow Rooms. Support children in care by supporting your local Rainbow Room.
Hotlines. We're here to help, all day, every day.
Find a form. Everything you need for child care, foster care, business, and more.
- 03/20/23 - Largest Community-Based Care Expansion Announced
- 03/06/23 - Foster Care Rate Modernization: Pro Forma Modeled Rates and Fiscal Impact report and DFPS companion report
- 03/03/23 - Rider 37 Federal Funds Maximization Semi-Annual Update
- 03/01/23 - Fiscal Year 2022 Child Fatality Annual Report
- 02/28/23 - Presentation to the House Committee on Human Services
- 02/27/23 - Presentation to the House Appropriations Committee: House Bill 1
- 02/17/23 - Foster Care Rate Modernization Report
- 02/15/23 - Presentation to the House Appropriations Committee: DFPS Overview
- 02/10/23 - DFPS Presentation to the Senate Finance Committee: Senate Bill 1
- 02/01/23 - Adult Protective Services Quarterly Legislative Report, Q1 FY 2023
- 02/01/23 - Youth Parents and Pregnant Youth in DFPS Conservatorship, FY 2022
- 02/01/23 - Senate Hearing Presentation: Updated LAR Exceptional Items Request
- 12/30/22 - Senate Bill 1896 Expansion of Permanency Care Assistance Report
- 12/30/22 - Rider 45 Conservatorship Caseloads Report
- 12/30/22 - Senate Bill 1896 Mentor Initiative Report
- 12/09/22 - Watch the DFPS Council Meeting Live
- 12/01/22 - Foster Care Obmudsman Report for Fiscal Year 2022
- 12/01/22 - Rider 50 Child Protective Services Transportation Study