DFPS publishes monthly data on key measures to improve transparency and allow stakeholders and the public to access and track trends between fiscal years. These monthly reports, however, are preliminary and may not match the finalized data that is published in the DFPS Data Book each February.
Key staffing and outcome measures for Statewide Intake, Adult Protective Services, Child Protective Investigations, and Child Protective Services.
If you have trouble accessing information in any of the interactive web reports below, please contact the DFPS Interactive Data Book Department. Include a link to the report with an explanation of the issue you encountered.
Key Metrics Monthly Dashboard
- Fiscal Year 2023 Year-to-Date
- Fiscal Year 2022
- Fiscal Year 2021
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Dashboard
Other Metrics, Fiscal Year 2023
- Alleged Victims of Child Abuse/Neglect by Type in Completed Investigations
- Children in Substitute Care Placements by Living Arrangement Categories (0-17)
- CPS Intakes Assigned for Investigation
- CPS Reports of Abuse/Neglect By Primary Allegation and Priority
- CPS Reports Of Abuse/Neglect By Report Source and Priority
- Data About Parent Child Safety Placements (PCSPs)
- Demographics of Children in Conservatorship by Legal Status
- Demographics of Children in Substitute Care by Permanency Goal
- Demographics of Children New In Substitute Care For Children Age 0-17
- Demographics of Children No Longer in DFPS Responsibility
- Families and Children in Family Preservation
- Number of Completed Investigations by Disposition and Closure Action
- Young Adults in Extended/Return to Care Placements by Living Arrangement Categories (18+)
Children in DFPS Care
The statistics below are for children in DFPS care. There is data for each of the 11 DFPS regions. This includes age, sex, ethnic group, disabilities, and the level of services the children receive.
You will find statistics showing where children are living compared to their home region and the types of facilities and living arrangements where they were placed. There is also placement information for children in foster care by county.
Note: To ensure this data is accessible for people using assistive technology, DFPS posts it in a sortable format with all regions included in one file.