On September 1, 2017, DFPS became a stand-alone state agency in accordance with House Bill 5, passed during the 85th Session of the Texas Legislature. Prior to that, DFPS was part of the Health and Human Services Commission and submitted reports and strategic plans in conjunction with other HHSC agencies. Moving forward, DFPS will prepare strategic plans and reports as an individual state agency.
- 2023-2027 DFPS Strategic Plan
- 2021-2025 DFPS Strategic Plan
- 2019-2023 DFPS Strategic Plan
The DFPS sections of prior Texas Health and Human Services Strategic Plans are provided below. Visit the HHSC website to read the complete plans.
Customer Service Reports
In accordance with state law, each state agency is required to submit information on customer service surveys to the Legislative Budget Board and Governor’s Office of Budget and Planning no later than June 1 of each even-numbered year. Prepared by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, the customer service reports below include input from agencies part of the HHS enterprise.
- 2018 HHS Customer Service Report
- 2016 HHS Customer Service Report (see DFPS section beginning page 40)
- 2014 HHS Customer Service Report (see DFPS section beginning page 40)
Did'nt find what you were looking for? Visit our Reports, Plans, Statistics, and Presentations page.