About Metroplex West
The Metroplex West area, previously known as Region 3b, is comprised of Palo Pinto, Parker, Tarrant, Erath, Hood, Somervell, and Johnson counties near Fort Worth.
The Single Source Continuum Contractor (SSCC) for this area is Our Community Our Kids (OCOK). Visit the Our Community Our Kids (OCOK) website to learn about them.
Joint Operations Manual
Note: Some links in these documents will only work for DFPS and OCOK staff with access to the DFPS intranet.
- August 1, 2011: DFPS issues Request for Proposals (RFP) for provision of paid foster care and purchased services to support the safety, permanency and well-being of children in state’s conservatorship.
- November 8, 2013: DFPS awards a contract to ACH Family Services as the SSCC that went into effect on January 1, 2014.
- September 1, 2014: DFPS launches Foster Care Redesign Initiative with ACH Child and Family Services. A division of ACH was developed, Our Community Our Kids (OCOK), to assume responsibility for the foster care system in the region.
- March 21, 2017: DFPS renews contract with ACH Family Services
- September 1, 2019: DFPS extends contract with ACH Family Services to expand to Stage II of Community-Based Care. You may view the executed contract on the Legislative Budget Board (LBB) contract database website by searching for contract number 24118890:
Steps to view contract number 24118890
- Go to the Legislative Budget Board (LBB) contract database website and click on “Contract Database Search”.
- In the Contract ID field, enter the contract number.
- In the Agency dropdown, select “530 - Family & Protective Services”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the “Submit Search” button.
- When the results appear, click on the “Display Expanded Data Set” button.
- Next, click on the "+" icon to view contract information.
- To view a document in the Attachments section, click on the magnifying glass icon to the left of the document you wish to review.
Note: The contract file name typically appears with the contract number followed by the word “Contract”. For this contract, the file “24118890_Contract_Amendments” contains the executed contract document.
- March 1, 2020 : OCOK begins Stage II implementation including providing all substitute care, case management, kinship, and transitional living services.
Stay informed by visiting the Our Community Our Kids website.
- Community-Based Care administrator: Carressa Cherry (817) 307-0512
- Contract Administration manager: Crista Wilson (682) 429-1912
- Case Management Oversight manager:
Contact Our Community Our Kids
7700 AWG Way (Main Office)
Fort Worth, TX 76140
|Title||Name / Email|
|Chief Operating Officer||Kris Naylor|
|Senior Director of Permanency||Stacy Reynolds|
|Director of Permanency||Jalah Lawrence|
|Director of Permanency||Emily Harris|
|Director of Permanency||Erica Butler|
|Director of Permanency||Susanne Hinkle|
|Director of Permanency||Lauren Robinson|
|Senior Director of Care Management and Placement Services||Marie Clark|
|Director of Intake||Shay Ristau|
|Director of Therapeutic Services||Diane Rudisaile|
|Director of Community Relations||Courtney Leaverton|
|Consumer Affairs Specialist||Lindsey Stewart|
|1506||Region 3b Adoption Checklist|
|1507||Region 3b Removal Staffing Checklist|
|1512||Region 3b Placement Documentation|