The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services is now accepting nominations for the Light the Way End Human Trafficking Award, which will be presented at the 2023 Summit in August. DFPS staff and external partners are encouraged to submit nominations.
Deadline: Submit nominations by 11:59 p.m. on April 7, 2023.
About the Award
First awarded in 2019, the Light the Way End Human Trafficking Award recognizes individuals for their outstanding contributions to the advancement of human rights and anti-trafficking initiatives in Texas.
The award is symbolized by a crystal star. Human trafficking is a dark issue and stellar work in the fight against human trafficking shines bright like a star in a dark sky. The darker the night, the brighter the star shines.
The recipient of the Light the Way End Human Trafficking Award should be someone who:
- Acts to serve and protect human rights.
- Shines in the anti-trafficking field through their actions and choices.
- Motivates others to reach for the stars in the fight against child abuse and human trafficking.
The recipient must have demonstrated outstanding contributions to the advancement of human rights and anti-trafficking initiatives and efforts in Texas. The recipient must stand out as an individual who is well respected and has demonstrated a genuine passion for anti-trafficking work. In other words, the award recognizes not just achievement but also passion for the cause and standing among peers.
How to Submit a Nomination
- Nominations must be for individuals involved in anti-trafficking efforts in Texas.
- Nominations must state the nominee’s qualifications and reasons why the nominee is deserving of the award.
- Late or incomplete nomination forms will not be considered.