Social Media Toolkit
As we head into summer and swimming weather in Texas, we kick off National Water Safety Month in May! We want your help empowering communities with resources and safety tips to help keep Texas children and families safe around water!
We encourage you to promote water safety awareness with your networks not only for the month of May, but year-round, especially in the summer when drowning rates rise. Our goal is to reach as many individuals as possible to equip families with knowledge and resources to support water safety practices in Texas.
Included in this toolkit:
- Messaging: The sample messaging can be used as is or can be customized in any way that works best for your community. For example, if your agency has specific local resources or if your agency has a specific prevention program, consider replacing some of the links directing to the Get Parenting Tips website with links directing to your program’s information.
- Images: There are some sample GetParentingTips.com branded social media image designs included in this toolkit that you are free to share on your socials and with your networks.
- Resources: Additional water safety resources are listed for more info.
Sample Social Media Posts
Pick articles that reflect the population you support, or feel free to link to your own resources.
Year-Round Hashtags: #WaterSafety #WatchKidsAroundWater #TurnAroundDontDrown
May Hashtags: #NationalWaterSafetyMonth #WaterSafetyMonth
If you share Get Parenting Tips content or branded images, please tag: #GetParentingTips @GetParentingTips GetParentingTips.com
Outdoor Water Safety
- May is #NationalWaterSafetyMonth. There are many ways to enjoy the water in Texas all year round. Be sure to watch kids around all water at all times in all seasons! GetParentingTips.com has #WaterSafety tips at: tinyurl.com/WaterSafetyGPT
- One of the best things about Texas? Swimming season lasts forever! Check out this list of water safety tips inside and outside the home. For more #WaterSafety tips. visit: tinyurl.com/WaterSafetyGPT7
- If you and the family are hanging out by the water, be sure to #WatchKidsAroundWater at all times. #WaterSafety tips at: tinyurl.com/WaterSafetyGPT
- Does your family spend time near the water in Texas? Watch kids at all times near any bodies of water, big or small. GetParentingTips.com has #WaterSafety info at: tinyurl.com/WaterSafetyGPT
- Heavy rains and storms could create flooding across certain parts of Texas! Be sure to follow all weather safety precautions and don't let children play near flooded areas. More tips
- DYK most child drownings in Texas happen in pools? Preventing access to pools when they're not in use can help keep little loved ones safe. Install fencing around the pool and use locks/alarms for windows and doors leading to the pool area. More at: tinyurl.com/WaterSafetyGPT
- Learn how to keep swimmers safe! Knowing how to respond to a swimmer in distress, learning CPR, and having emergency numbers handy can help save a life. More tips on keeping children are safe around all bodies of water at all times at: tinyurl.com/WaterSafetyGPT7 (updated link)
Indoor Water Safety
- Indoor water safety is just as important as outdoor water safety. Whether it’s bathtubs, buckets, or toilets, watch kids around all water at all times! More #WaterSafety tips at: tinyurl.com/WaterSafetyGPT
- Once your baby is settled in their bath, never leave them alone, not even for a second. Drain the water once your baby has finished bathing and never take your eyes off them. For more #WaterSafety tips, visit GetParentingTips.com: tinyurl.com/WaterSafetyVid
- Whether it’s bathtubs or buckets, pools or ponds, keep children safe around all water at all times! Check out these #WaterSafety tips inside and outside the home: tinyurl.com/WaterSafetyGPT
Keep an eye on the Get Parenting Tips Facebook and Instagram feeds, which will share more tips throughout the month.
Right click and save to download.