How can I help affected Foster Youth and Foster Families?

  • To donate items, contact your local Rainbow Room.  They need NEW, unopened supplies such as diapers, baby formula, blankets, school supplies and toiletries
  • To give money, please make donations to the Texas Center for Child and Family Studies, a charitable organization that our agency is partnering with to provide basic needs to assist foster youth and foster families. 
  • If your church or organization wants to help with recovery efforts, please contact DFPS Faith Partners.

How can I help affected elderly and disabled individuals?

How can my company help with recovery efforts?                                                        

  • To make a donation to help children, family and the elderly, please email DFPS Community Engagement
  • If you want to donate items, please email DFPS Community Engagement and we can put you in touch with organizations that are requesting specific assistance.

What resources are available for those suffering from catastrophic property damage?

  • For emergency assistance, call 9-1-1
  • If you are a foster youth, foster family, elderly or disabled person and you need basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter, please contact your caseworker to coordinate those needs.
  • Find an open shelter near you by texting SHELTER and your zip code to 4FEMA (43362). You can also use the FEMA mobile app.
  • Contact the Red Cross for assistance including shelter and to let family members know you are safe and other assistance.
  • Salvation Army
  • Apply for disaster assistance at FEMA or call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). Those with a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY should call 1-800-462-7585 directly.