|Revision Date||September 1, 2021|
Contract Oversight and Support (COS) is a division within the Office of the Chief Operating Officer charged with maintaining DFPS’ contracting framework to support informed processes and activities that safeguard against unethical behaviors, manage contracting risks, and focus on integrity and compliance.
COS strives to enhance contracting business processes by providing resources needed to support and guide contracting divisions in managing agency purchases and contracts to ensure quality services, foster accountability, minimize risk, promote process improvement, and achieve optimal value.
COS supports the mission of DFPS by proactively managing contracting risk through:
- Establishing and maintaining contracting guidelines based on sound contract management principles that comply with federal and state laws;
- Data analysis, quality assurances, and reporting;
- Training and support for contract staff; and
- Collaboration and Technical assistance.
Specific divisional responsibilities include:
- Contract Handbook Management;
- Legislative Implementation, Policy, and Form Development;
- Annual Procurement and Forecasting Action Plan (PFAP)
- Cross Agency Coordination and Communication;
- Workgroup Facilitation;
- Quality Assurance and Process Improvement;
- Historical Underutilized Business (HUB) Coordination and Reporting;
- Mandated Reporting, including reporting on the DFPS Public Website, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Legislative Budget Board, and State Auditor’s Office;
- Vendor Performance Reporting;
- Contract Integrity and Data Reporting;
- SCOR System Administration and Support;
- Develop and Conduct Relevant Trainings;
- Contract Audit Coordination;
- Risk Assessment and Specialized Monitoring Plan Development and Management; and
- Contract Technical Assistance and Support.