Social Media Toolkit
October is World Bullying Prevention Month. Did you know at least 1 out of every 5 kids in the United States is bullied? In Texas, at least 40% of those who are bullied have seriously considered suicide. The conversation to prevent bulling can start as early as a when a child learns the difference between kindness and unkindness.
To give caregivers the tools to empower their children to be anti-bullying champions and to get messaging out about bullying prevention, the PEI Communications Team created content designed to help caregivers have conversations with their children about bullying that can be posted on your organization’s websites or social media channels.
- These messages and links can be used as is or they can be customized in any way that works best for your community. For example, if your agency has a hotline, you may consider replacing the Texas Youth Helpline with it. Or if your agency has a bullying prevention program, consider replacing the links to the Get Parenting Tips website with links to your program’s information.
- There are some social media sample images included in this toolkit that you are free to share.
- The National Bullying Prevention Center also has a library of images and messaging that are free for use.
Date to Remember:
- October 3rd: World Day of Bullying Prevention Wear blue #BlueUp
- October 19th: Unity Day Wear orange #UnityDay
Sample Social Media Posts
Hashtags:#BullyingPreventionMonth #StopBullying #AntiBullying #BullyingPrevention #STOMPOutBullying #ChooseKindness #BeKind #BlueUp #UnityDay
- October is World Bullying Prevention Month. Learn what bullying is and how to prevent it at:
- October is Bullying Prevention Month. Learn what teens are struggling with lately and how parents can help them thrive in this GetParentingTips.com video: youtu.be/_rn9-rWs6wI
- October is World Bullying Prevention Month. Together we can create communities that are kinder and more inclusive. Teach your kid to be somebody's hero: youtu.be/64LNwrd0fHg
- October 3rd: #BlueUp: Today is World Day of Bullying Prevention. Learn about bullying and how to prevent it at:
- October 19th: #UnityDay: Wear and share orange today to show your support of bullying prevention. For more ideas to get involved, visit:
- The end of bullying begins with you. Learn more at:
- In Texas, bullying or cyberbullying is one of the top factors why kids consider suicide. Learn how to talk to your kids about mental health and suicide prevention at:
- Bullying Hurts. The emotional impacts of bullying and cyber bullying can last a lifetime. Learn how to talk to your kids and help keep them safe at:
- Prevent bullying by encouraging kindness, acceptance, and inclusion. Learn how at:
- The conversation to prevent bulling to can start as early as a when a child learns the difference between right and wrong. Try these Bully-Free Coloring Pages to help teach little ones early:
- Bullying Hurts. At least 1 out of 5 kids is reported to being bullied in the U.S. If you or your kid needs help, the Texas Youth Helpline is available 24/7 for free to talk or chat:
- Bullying hurts. At least 40% of Texas kids who are bullied or cyber bullied have seriously considered suicide. If you need someone to talk to, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available 24/7 for free:
Call: 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Bullying can impact a kid's education, physical and emotional health, and their safety and well-being. Learn how you can help prevent bullying at: stopbullying.gov
- Help create a world without bullying. Learn more at: stompoutbullying.org
- Teach your kid to be an upstander to bullying. Learn how at:
Right click and save to download.
Right click and save to download.
- National Bullying Prevention Center
- Strong Family Alliance
24/7 Toll-Free Helplines
- Texas Youth Helpline:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
Call: 800-273-8255 (800-273-TALK)